“Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.”
The Fourscore Principles
- Understand who you are. Fourscore is a customer service company. We just happen to be lawyers. Fourscore lawyers are committed to building relationships, serving in our communities, and living responsible and sustainable lives with our families, clients and co-workers.
- Understand your environment and find a pain point.
- Clients and lawyers alike hate the billable hour. Ruthlessly stamp it out of any situation in which it isn’t absolutely necessary.
- Lawyers are notoriously slow and unresponsive. Be proactive with communication.
- Business people hate it when lawyers (a) make things more complicated than necessary and (b) talk down to them. Do the opposite – use Lincoln’s “fourscore principle” to make the complex understandable. Be approachable.
- Do excellent work. Whether we are representing a Raleigh tech startup, a small business in Durham or a venture capital fund investing in a Silicon Valley company, Fourscore lawyers take every opportunity to use our experience, training and common sense to do our best work, every time.
- Provide value in unexpected ways. Fourscore Business Law leverages useful technology to increase efficiency in our workflows and make life (and business) easier for our clients. We love connecting clients and friends, helping our community build their work together.
- Be mission-driven. Our mission is to be the law firm that changes the public perception of lawyers.