A Different Kind of Business Law Firm
Fourscore Business Law
These are the opening words to Abraham Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address. It is one of the most famous speeches in history and was delivered in less than two minutes. Lincoln’s genius was the ability to achieve maximum and lasting impact in just a few sentences. In the same manner, Fourscore Attorneys work diligently using the Fourscore Principles and the best technology to produce amazing value based results for our clients. Our clients come to us with complex transactions and projects because they know we can make the complex understandable and their dream a reality. Lincoln’s Gettysburg address proves that short and simple can be extremely effective, and we take pride and joy in applying the fourscore principles to every interaction with our clients.
“Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.”
The Fourscore Principles
- Understand who you are. Fourscore is a customer service company. We just happen to be lawyers. Fourscore lawyers build relationships, not client lists. Serving our communities is a way of life, as is living responsible and sustainable lives with our families, clients and co-workers.
- Understand your environment and find a pain point.
- Clients and lawyers alike hate the billable hour. Ruthlessly stamp it out of any situation in which it isn’t absolutely necessary.
- Lawyers are notoriously slow and unresponsive. Be proactive with communication.
- Business people hate it when lawyers (a) make things more complicated than necessary and (b) talk down to them. Do the opposite – use Lincoln’s “fourscore principle” to make the complex understandable. Be approachable.
- Do excellent work. Whether we are representing a Raleigh tech startup, a small business in Durham or a venture capital fund investing in a Silicon Valley company, Fourscore lawyers take every opportunity to use our experience, training and common sense to do our best work, every time.
- Provide value in unexpected ways. Fourscore Business Law leverages useful technology to increase efficiency in our workflows and make life (and business) easier for our clients. We love connecting clients and friends, helping our community build their work together.
- Be mission-driven. Our mission is to be the law firm that changes the public perception of lawyers.