Why Are Board Meetings Important?
Board meetings are essential gatherings of a corporation’s Board of Directors. Officers present updates about company progress, discuss key issues and challenges, and Directors vote on important business matters. Board meetings allow companies to review and approve matters requiring the Board’s consent quickly and efficiently. If your company has one or more Directors who represent investors, Board meetings are also a useful way to keep those investors up to date and can help maintain strong relationships.
The number and frequency of Board meetings a company must have is often outlined in its Bylaws. In general, it’s best practice to hold meetings at least quarterly, including one annual meeting to review and discuss more substantial goals and targets.
To help ensure that your Board meetings run smoothly, Fourscore is pleased to offer legal services that will help you organize and facilitate effective meetings.
Fourscore’s Board Meeting Subscription Service
Assist in organizing, preparing for, and facilitating four quarterly meetings
For each meeting, we will:
- Take notes
- Draft resolutions for matters to be discussed and approved at the meeting
- Help identify, draft, and distribute proper notices
- Provide the secretary with template meeting minutes
- Help the secretary finalize and distribute appropriate meeting minutes
Additionally, for the first meeting, we will:
- Meet ahead of time with the appropriate officers to discuss what to expect and help create a meeting agenda
- During the first meeting, we will review with Board members their fiduciary responsibilities and company’s obligations to shareholders
- Debrief the meeting with the appropriate officers
- Provide the officers with general feedback and tips for future meetings
How Much Does it Cost?
- We offer this service as an annual subscription
- Your subscription fee can be paid annually or monthly
- If you prefer to pay monthly to distribute payments over time, we charge $250 (total of $3000 per year).
- If you prefer to pay in one annual payment, we charge $2500 for the year.
For more information please email [email protected].