Attorney, Head of Strategic Services
(919) 307-5356 Ext. 3
As a bioengineer, policy analyst, and lawyer by training, Sean enjoys helping growing businesses tackle barriers to innovation. At Fourscore, Sean primarily assists emerging growth companies with business organization and governance, early-stage financing, intellectual property licensing, and other corporate issues. Additionally, Sean spearheads Fourscore’s strategic initiatives to automate, streamline, and optimize client services and internal operations to make legal practice more efficient and accessible.
Prior to joining Fourscore, Sean practiced as an attorney at Wyrick Robbins Yates and Ponton LLP in Raleigh, worked with the Duke Angel Network, and counseled university spin-outs through the Startup Ventures Clinic at Duke. He also served as a policy analyst at the Presidential Commission for the Study of Bioethical Issues and the J. Craig Venture Institute. Sean has worked in several genetics and bioengineering labs and once programmed yeast to produce raspberry scents.
Outside of work, Sean enjoys hiking, painting, and creative writing. He is also learning Krav Maga, which he promises to use for good.
Professional / Community Activities:
Chair, Raleigh City Council Substance Use Advisory Commission
Member, Raleigh Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals Network
Board Member, North Carolina Stanford Alumni Club
Member, North Carolina State Bar and Tenth Judicial District Bar
Stanford University, B.S. in Biosynthetic Engineering, Honors in Ethics in Society
Duke University School of Law, J.D.
Recent Opportunity Events and Representative Matters
What is an Opportunity Event? Click here
- Led $50M transaction for genetic technology company involving direct purchase of stockholder shares, new company shares, milestone capital investment, and cost-sharing agreement by and with international entity.
- Led $4M asset purchase of landscaping services company by private equity firm involving complex rollover equity, asset assignment, and seller financing structure.
- Led $10M asset acquisition of genetic life science company, involving stock compensation, reorganization of equity structure of surviving entity, and transfer of university licenses.
- Led $5M Preferred Stock financing for insur-tech company involving complex down-round considerations, stockholder communication, and fiduciary duties advice and oversight.
- Led $6.1M Preferred Stock financing for a gov-tech company, involving secondary purchase to provide founder liquidity and growth capital investment.
- Led $8M Preferred Stock financing for seafood supply chain and distribution company involving complex tax considerations around founder equity grants and liquidity.
- Led $7M Preferred Stock financing for insur-tech company, involving oversight of extensive negotiation among existing stakeholders.
- Led $5M Series A Preferred Stock financing for blockchain-enabled food distribution company, involving extensive tax-related diligence considerations.
- Led $5M profit share agreement financing for a construction marketplace company, involving sale of certain security interests in future company profits.
- Led $2.8M Series Seed Preferred Stock financing for software company, involving international parties and open-source IP diligence considerations.